Five Benefits Of Tummy Tuck Surgery For Men
A common misconception when it comes to cosmetic surgery is that it’s strictly a woman’s world. In reality, more and more men each year are turning to plastic surgery to help sculpt, define, and enhance their physique. Among the most popular procedures for men is the tummy tuck, which can truly transform a patient’s overall look. Distinguished plastic surgeon Dr. Samuel Salcedo and the award-winning team at The Plastics Doc are proud to provide advanced abdominoplasty for men in Corona, CA to help patients achieve the firm, toned, masculine body they’ve been hoping for. Discover more about male tummy tuck surgery here, and find out if you may qualify for the procedure.
What does a tummy tuck do?
Perhaps the most common purpose of tummy tuck surgery is to restore a woman’s pre-baby body, though that’s certainly not the only one. For both men and women, a tummy tuck can provide the exciting opportunity to remove loose skin after weight loss, tighten wrinkly belly skin, and sculpt a more youthful figure.
Is there anything special about a tummy tuck for men?
While the fundamental aspects of tummy tuck surgery are fairly similar for both men and women, the male tummy tuck certainly takes into account the unique aspects of a man’s anatomy, needs, and goals. In some cases, for example, VASER® lipo and abdominal etching are performed as part of abdominoplasty for men to define a more classically shredded male physique. Whether you’re simply looking to nip and tuck a few areas or have your hopes set on a chiseled midsection, Dr. Salcedo can help.
Five of the most exciting benefits of tummy tuck surgery for men include:
1. Tighten loose skin: If you have noticed loose, wrinkled skin on your stomach as a result of weight loss, aging, or another life event, a tummy tuck may be right for you. In addition to removing excess skin, a tummy tuck involves pulling the remaining skin taut for a firmer, tighter tone.
2. Remove extra skin after weight loss: Loose, hanging skin after weight loss is one of the most frustrating concerns for men and often keeps them from enjoying the results of all their hard work. The majority of tummy tuck cases include excess skin removal to give men the smoother, more natural-looking physique they’re hoping for. Depending on the amount of extra skin that needs to be removed, Dr. Salcedo may recommend either a full, extended, or mini tummy tuck.
3. Get rid of stubborn fat: For most patients struggling with loose abdominal skin, there is some amount of excess fat present as well. For this reason, liposuction is often combined with abdominoplasty to remove stubborn pockets of fat –such as those around the love handles and flanks – to further enhance the patient’s newly slimmed waistline.
4. Get a six pack: As mentioned, a tummy tuck with ab etching can act as the final step in a man’s ultimate body contouring transformation by tightening skin, removing fat, and exaggerating definition between the ab muscles.
5. Boost self-confidence: In addition to the exceptional cosmetic changes that can be made via tummy tuck surgery, the vast majority of patients also enjoy better self-esteem, which can often translate to more success at work and improved relationships at home.
Shed your worries and shred your six pack with tummy tuck for men in Corona, CA
If you’re nervous that having cosmetic surgery will make you seem like less of a man’s man, don’t be! Join the many men in the Beverly Hills, Anaheim Hills, and Corona, CA areas that have undergone male abdominoplasty surgery to look firmer, chiseled, and even more masculine! Call the expert team at The Plastics Doc in Corona, CA to schedule your private consultation with acclaimed plastic surgeon Dr. Samuel Salcedo today, and learn whether male tummy tuck surgery could be the answer you’ve been searching for!